Monday, September 24, 2007

Hey everyone -- I just wanted to invite you to participate in the planning and delivery of the 90th birthday and 70th anniversay celebration which will be held in Bountiful on the 27th of October. I am requesting that each family submit a ppt slide from EACH PERSON in the family that contains a specific thought or memory of grammy and gramps that I can put together in a running slide show. I figured that most of us have powerpoint but if you don't. just give me the information in word or via email and I will take care of the rest. I thought to include a photo of each person, child, grandchild, great grandchild and those who bought into the family via marriage as well to add to each slide so if you have a current one, that would be terrific. I will need this within the next two weeks to get it put together by the 27th. THANKS in advance

This celebration will be an open house from 2 pm to 4 pm but those of us who are going to be in town will probably need to be there earlier to help with decorations--If someone knows of a caterer who would not charge significant body parts to put together a fingerfood type spread--that would be good to know. I have been tossing around the idea of just putting out COSTCO stuff as well but would entertain other ideas because this is not my forte.

So, 90 years of history---we could do some interesting stuff--please help me out with the planning. I need ideas!

You can send the slides to mewnv@cox.net or maryellen.west@phoenix.edu orget me at skype: maryellenwest or call- 702 271 6275.

I hope to see you all there!

3 comments:

Sister West said...

We are excited about the party. I am not sure exactly what you want for the show but Rich will explain it to me--I'm a little slow. I think that things from Costco would be a great idea. I would be happy to help with that--I'm not good at decorating but I can do food. Just let me know.

Megan said...

Hi MEW...How are you? We miss you. Sorry, I'm a little slow too...would you like a picture of each family, or each individual person?

mew said...

I was thinking that we could put individual photo's up but unless Ethan has developed some memories--your family photo would work