What is the meaning of Happy Mother's Day?At church they were making cards for Mother's Day as Lydia was decorating hers she looked at me, smiled and said, "this not for you Mom it's for Dad". So much for a Mother's day card from her. Then I was making myself some brownies on Mother's Day (Josh did grill some killer hamburgers and did the dishes even wiped the floor down) the brownies weren't included in my Mother's Day package. I saved some batter in the bowl for Benny and Lydia (I usually do save batter for them to lick). Benny looked at me and said, "thank you Mom you are so nice" I looked at him in surprise. He looked back at me and said, "Sometimes you are nice and let us have things but lot of times you are mean and don't let us have things". So I guess I need some help. Richard could you start posting some weekly parenting skills on the blog...from the sound of things I really need HELP.
4 comments:
Well, I must say that last post was comment worthy for me. I've mostly had a near death experience up in here in the cache valley, and today my mom brought me the computer to read your post. I was laughing hysterically. Lydia is a sneaky little girl, shes pretty funny! Your great! Happy Mothers Day!
I'm just glad CJ can't talk yet. I'm afraid of what he might say to me.
Tonight Ellie asked if maybe I could clean the kitchen tomorrow... I guess I have been getting a little behind on my "duties". Sorry, Layne. Some things don't change much. If anything I was hoping we could get a few pointers from you. I like to think that they say those kinds of things to us because they know we can handle it. (Maybe Lydia just felt like her daddy needed the encouragement-hee hee hee.)
We love you,
Ashlie
Oh Layne, that is funny. I think Lydia just had her holidays confused. Ethan did that. On Sunday he kept telling me "Happy Birthday". Hopefully you get a card in June (or whatever month father's day is in).
Post a Comment